Man – we had an incredible day of ministry at Journey Church International yesterday. If there is supposed to be a big let down after Easter, we didn’t feel it. Even with the threats of strong storms, rain, high winds, and tornadoes, the energy of our church was through the roof (as was the temperature in the room!). I’m so thankful for our church, and I am so excited for our new sermon series, “Words w/ Friends”, in which we are looking at 6 words that can change a persons life.
Yesterday we looked at the word “Balance”, and I don’t know that I have ever received so much feedback from a message. God used yesterday’s message as a wake-up call for many in our church to remind them that His schedule for our lives is a schedule with Balance. If you live out of town or weren’t able to make it to church yesterday you can watch the message online here: http://takethejourney.sermon.net/dv/119888702/play or you can listen to it here: http://takethejourney.sermon.net/da/119888702/play.
Here’s a few thoughts from yesterday:
I told you that if you were nearing burnout or feeling constantly overwhelmed, to read two books. Here they are:
- Leading on Empty: Refilling Your Tank and Renewing Your Passion. Wayne Cordeiro
- Margins: Restoring Emotional, Physical, Financial, and Time Reserves to Overloaded Lives. Dr. Richard Swenson
If you are searching for balance, or desire to live an emotionally healthy life filled w/ balance, get on Amazon.com and order these books today. They are life changers.
God does not want us to live a life where we are constantly overwhelmed and filled with anxiety. We looked at 4 verses that taught us this: I want to give them to you again:
- Philippians 4:6-7
- Psalm 55:22
- Matthew 11:28
- I Peter 5:7
Write these verses down on a 3×5 notecard and carry them around until you have them memorized.
Pastor Rick Warren summarizes a plan for balance very succinctly w/ 4 little tips for us that I gave yesterday. Remember these:
- Depart Daily: 1 hour a day where you pull back to relax and/or exercise (or both!)
- Withdraw Weekly: Take a day off every week – it is a commandment, not a suggestion. To not do this is sin, and there is nothing admirable about it.
- Separate Seasonally: Once a quarter take at least one night away w/ your spouse or family and fill a weekend w/ enjoyment!
- Abandon Annually: Take a yearly vacation; without the phone, laptop, and busyness of your life.
Balance can change you, sustain you, and make you highly useful to God!
Thanks for checking out the blog – remember to “Like” us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/journeychurchint to read all of our church’s updates!